Texas psychology board disciplines six psychologists
May 16, 2013
On February 14, 2013, the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists took the following disciplinary actions:
- Imposed and administrative penalty on psychologist Patricia Owen for failure to provide proof of required continuing education hours within the time prescribed.
- Reprimanded psychologist Francis Pirozzolo for failure to provide proof of required continuing education hours within the time prescribed.
- Placed psychologist Laurel Lee Strahan on probated suspension for failing to renew her license in a timely manner and for practicing on a delinquent license.
- Imposed and administrative penalty on psychologist Lawrence Thompson for failure to report a criminal action.
- Reprimanded psychologist Jennifer Trapani for failure to properly obtain informed consent before providing therapy to a minor child and for giving custody recommendations in a court case without having conducted a custody evaluation.
- Reprimanded psychologist Allen Vreeland for failure to release requested materials to another qualified health professional.
Post your own comment here: